Products About Me Home Classroom Freebies TeachersPayTeachers Pinterest Email Facebook Image Map

October 15, 2013

Halloween-themed books - Companion Packs

Over the weekend I worked on two more companion packs for Halloween-themed books, because I needed sequencing cards for these stories. I have to honestly say that I feel much more motivated to create these types of materials now that I have a TpT store. Before then, I didn't want to put in all this effort if I was the only one who was going to be using the materials. 

I was planning on reading "The Little Old Lady Who Wasn't Afraid of Anything" with several of my groups, since it is such a great story to work on sequencing. And since I already had a lot of Halloween clipart I decided to make something for "Scary, Scary Halloween", as well. What is nice about this book is that the text is simple enough where my lower functioning students are able to follow, and it is short enough to keep their attention. Anyway, here is a brief overview: 

Available here.

This pack contains sequencing cards (with and without text), a scarecrow building activity, a matching worksheet, make your own story book handouts (can use in conjunction with the sequencing cards to cut and paste), and a word search.

Available here.

This pack contains sequencing cards (without text), comprehension cards, four different pre-led writing activities, and a make your own story book handouts (can use in conjunction with the sequencing cards to cut and paste).

Also, if there is anything in particular you are looking for for either of these books, let me know and I will consider making it and adding it into the packets. I love getting new ideas!

I have a few more spooky Halloween activities planned with my therapy groups, so please stay posted!
~Viola

No comments:

Post a Comment